What better way to start the new year (well, kind of new) than to list what I am looking forward to this year...
1. Summer. Point blank, winter is the pits.
2. My cousin Andy's wedding to his girlfriend Alexa! This is exciting for multiple reasons, but especially because I have not seen the Hogan side of my family since my Grandma passed away in 2006! Way too long! Also, this will be a couples trip for me and T! Gotta love that! :)
3. Running again! I have missed training for something since I last trained for the Augusta half-ironman in 2010! After I completed that race, I took up Crossfit and although I love it, I have missed the thrill of a race. So, Rock and Roll...here I come!
4. Paleo. Todd and I have adapted a mostly Paleo way of eating. In a nutshell, we are eating mostly what the hunter-gatherers ate. Veggies and meats, fish, nuts (no legumes, so no peanuts!) and fruits...basically, if a caveman ate it, so can we! We both feel fantastic and are enjoying the adventure of learning to cook for the paleo palat!
5. Family vacation. Don't have it planned, but still looking forward to it!
6. A changing real estate market. My year is on track to be the BEST one yet from a business standpoint! YAY!
The list goes on and on, but really, I just look forward to everyday with my family that God gives me. If I have learned anything over the last few years, it is that every situation God places in our path can be an instrument of beauty and growth. It also can bring us closer to Him...if we allow it. I have a new awareness that this life is out of my control. Everyday is a surprise. Every day is a gift. Enjoy!
As for pics...here are a few from the months I was a slacker...
Til' next time!